Last week we had our first meeting in 2022. Among other issues to be discussed, we focussed on initiating the concrete implementation of the coordination and the development of the R&S didactic activities. Daniela Schmeinck coordinated the organization of work for the development of learning activities (IO2) and gave an overview on the upcoming actions to be undertaken. A subdivision of topics was proposed to school partners. After this introduction, school partners presented the work done so far regarding the development of didactic activities. >> The Ride & Smile train continues picking up speed
The Ride&Smile project has published its third newsletter. After the summer season, we are back in the full workflow of the RIDE AND SMILE project – but this time to show off some of the important statistics we received over the course of the last few months.
Yesterday Prof. Dr. Josef Strobl ( Interfaculty Department of Geoinformatics – ZGIS – Universität Salzburg ) demonstrated the project app in his university lecture on Geomedia and Geocommunication – in a session on GNSS accuracy and tracking opportunities in real-world scenarios – Ride & Smile is everywhere – even in university teaching 😎
— at Universität Salzburg – Naturwissenschaftliche Fakultät
The Ride&Smile project has published its second newsletter. The project looks at pupils contribution to a sustainable transport strategy by encouraging cycling to school.
Topics discussed include the surveys for parents and teachers, what is Bike to School and our research on best practices for the ILP (Interactive learning platform).
On July 20th partners met to discuss several points of the web platform including:
1. Protection of sensitive data / privacy issues concerning the involvement of children
– Collective class account managed by the teacher
– Confidentiality of addresses/routes
– Attention should be paid to avoid any forms of discrimination among children
2. Use of smartphone/ICT tools
– Responsible and safe use of ICT tools should be taken in consideration within the planned didactic activities
3. Safety on the road
– Preliminary activities should be organised to provide the pupils with basic notions concerning how to ride a bike safely in the city
– A partnership with the local police could be evaluated
Discussions were also held as to when a ‘Face to face’ meeting would take place, given current Covid restrictions in several partner countries this will be decided at a later date.
Welcome to the new website for the Ride & Smile Project